Job no: 781213
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
In Sustainability at South32, we put our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence into action. We provide leadership, expertise and direction to generate value (social, environmental and economic) now and into the future. Our work contributes to us having a strong risk culture of care leadership and accountability.
Our Risk Management System is designed to ensure that our company mitigates strategic and material risks, and that stakeholder expectations are taken into account, thus allowing the execution of the South32 strategy and ongoing prosperity for us and our stakeholders.
This role provides specialist support and advice to coordinate the application of 2nd line assurance processes and systems, in order for us to know our systems are operating as they are expected to.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of the Group's 2nd line assurance processes and systems
- Conduct independent infield and desktop peer reviews to confirm compliance to RMS, regulatory requirements and adherence to South32 minimum standards
- Foster an inclusive workplace with a strong culture of care and accountability
- Support the regular review of effectiveness of the risk management, governance and assurance processes
- Assist with the coordination and execution of the 2nd line risk assurance program
- Assist with the analysis and reporting of assurance findings, emerging trends and learnings to the Risk and Audit Committee
- Monitor and track closeout of identified assurance actions and improvements
- Assist with business process reviews and the preparation of reports to highlight progress against expected outcomes to improve business performance
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development
- Demonstrated capability in current risk management / assurance practice
- Strong influencing of key stakeholder relationships, internally and externally and from senior leadership through to operations
- Ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment
- Excellent skills in data monitoring, advanced analytics and risk and assurance process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance or a relevant technical (ie: Risk Management) discipline
- RABQSA or equivalent professional auditing qualification
What we offer you
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Superannuation Matching contributions
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Competitive salaries
This position will be based at our head office in the heart of the Perth CBD with state of the art facilities that include secure bicycle parking, lockers and showers.
We are seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results