HR Business Partner
Job no: 781141
Work type: Full Time - Permanent, Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Illawarra Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
The Opportunity – HR Business Partner
The purpose of this role is to partner with the business in providing specialist HR advice, as well as coaching both employees and line managers. This also includes; workforce planning, talent and reward by partnering with the business to develop their workforce and influence the culture and performance of the organisation. Based at our Regional Operations Centre, this role reports into the HR Manager.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Providing guidance on the data, policies and frameworks available to support people-related critical decisions
- Working with line to resolve HR people-related queries.
- Facilitating the implementation of the business wide HR initiatives.
- Coaching line management in the understanding of IR/ER principles, legislation and industrial instruments (e.g. enterprise agreements, contract letter of employment) where relevant
- Guiding line management on diagnostics to identify learning opportunities, high potential employees and candidates for organisation and leadership development
- Assisting line in proactive workforce planning and organisation design to drive productivity improvements.
- Facilitating the annual reward cycle and provides advice on remuneration reviews, pension and benefits, equity plans and mobility services.
- A practitioner skilled in workplace investigations and performance management.
- Acting as a key contributor to culture and change.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Degree qualification in HR (preferred)
- Proven experience in providing (site based) HR business partnering
- Experience and knowledge of HR SAP / Success factors would be beneficial
- A strong team player with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business, with the ability to engage and influence key stakeholders
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
Offered as a full time opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
Closing date: 14/05/2018
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results