Safety Officer - Wessels Mine Northern Cape
Job no: 781127
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: South Africa - Hotazel
The purpose of this role will be to assist line management by providing Health and Safety guidance and alignment across Wessels mine with respect to contractor engagement and contractor management. Provide specialist advice to contract owners, SPA’s, contract Users and contractor employees.
- Serious contenders will have National Diploma in Safety Management (NADSAM) with at least 3 years’ experience in Safety and Risk Management.
- SAMTRAC or COMSOC 1 & 2 certificates is essential;
- 3 Years underground mining experience as Supervisor / Safety Officer is essential;
- Completed NADSAM certificate or studying towards this certificate is essential.
- Valid Code B Driver’s License is essential.
- Conducting of physical condition inspections as per schedule;
- Audit Contractor’s files and all related safety documents;
- Review and approval of Contractor’s risk assessments;
- Discussing, recording & signoff off findings in inspection reports;
- Updating inspection schedule;
- Monitor compliance to required controls, procedures and applicable legislation;
- Facilitate event investigations and ensure quality outcomes (MTC’s and LTI’s);
- Investigate and submission of significant Events;
- Audit and verify the effective implementation of controls and compliance to legal and other requirements;
- Assist in the analysis of Safety Statistics Identify specific learning’s relevant to the site and communicate as appropriate.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results