Job no: 781040
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Illawarra Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
The Opportunity – Production Manager (Appin)
We are seeking a Prodution Manager to be based at Appin reporting to the General Manager. The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and direction to safely deliver the production plan, and maintain unit costs through the effective management of people, resources, and physical assets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and direction to ensure all maintenance activities involving physical assets within a defined area of operations, are executed safetly.
- Demonstrate compliance to the Mine Operating System (MOS) by role modelling and setting clear expectations for disciplined planning, delivery, accountability and urgency.
- Lead the production teams and promote operating discipline related to the work management processes.
- Ensure that the material risk profile for production is well controlled and critical risk controls are in place and effective and standards are adhered to
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with government officials, major contractors, unions and other external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions.
In addition, you will have:
- A minimum Tertiary qualification in a relevant field, Degree is preferred.
- Significant and proven experience in a similar role in an underground coal mine / extraction mine, with exposure to the Production function.
- Strong leadership and team management exposure.
- Project Management to include contractor management exposure is also strongly beneficial, with fiscal responsibility.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence across all levels of the business.
What We Offer You
You will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results