Specialist Structural Engineering
Job no: 780988
Work type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Illawarra Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
The Opportunity – Specialist Structural Engineering
Based at Cordeaux Mine site and reporting to the Principal Surface Infrastructure Protection, this role is responsible for managing the ongoing approvals associated with and subsidence impacts to private properties.
- Promoting the mine’s focus on Leading Zero Harm
- Providing specialist advice in the prioritization of sites for rehabilitation
- Project managing progressive and full rehabilitation of legacy sites including Risk Assessments, gaining relevant approvals and stakeholder management.
- Ongoing contact with Subsidence Advisory NSW including managing the pre mining inspection process, and reviewing survey data and predictions for submission.
- Compiling management plan for private properties including undertaking regular inspections, reporting on inspections and ensuring commitments are adhered to
- Drafting responses for request for position on all developments within our area of influence (lease, development consent etc)
- Developing and continuously refining the process for settlement of claims and approval of private property management plans
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Degree in a relevant structural engineering field
- Proven experience in a similar role which includes a strong field / reporting background.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Preferred experience in mine subsidence
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
Offered as a 12 month fixed term opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
Closing date: 30/04/2018
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results