You’ve got your degree. You’ve done the hard work. Now you deserve a career that is both challenging and rewarding. It is time to begin your future.
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Cannington is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine, processing facility, and rail loadout facility situated approximately 800 kilometres west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with a focus on safety, who is open to challenging themselves and their capabilities. You will spend time working in the Process Plant with the Operations team, as well as with the technical team on optimisation and improvement projects. You must be equally comfortable and capable to work well within a team or autonomously as required. Your objective is to improve process operations (quality and recovery) by recording plant performance, identifying root causes of issues, proposing solutions and supporting the implementation of the changes.
We are looking to hear from Materials / Metallurgy graduates who meet the following criteria;
- BEng or MSc in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering or Materials Science
- You will have completed your degree in 2017 or are due to complete your degree in 2018
- Hold AUS citizenship or PR at the time of applying
- Reside in QLD or willing to relocate to the region
- Are interested in working a FIFO roster (4/3 or 8/6)
About the Graduate Program
We value difference, and openly listen to each other and those outside our company, knowing that together we are better. That’s why, if you dare to be different, to care openly and trust courageously we want you to join us as a Graduate in 2019.
During your graduate experience, you will be challenged and offered unique opportunities to:
- Learn and excel in your day to day work, supported by comprehensive frameworks,
- Gain exposure to world-class operations, based on your unique career pathway & development plans,
- Lead an improvement initiative with genuine business impacts,
- Develop technically in a 2-3-year tailored program (dependant on discipline),
- Grow personally and professionally in a dynamic, inclusive and supportive culture,
- Receive multiple layers of dedicated support, from graduate buddies to senior leaders, and
- Extend your network with global colleagues.
- As part of the Graduate Program you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity, innovation and collaboration.
What does South32 offer?
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Competitive Salaries
Why chose us?
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.