You’ve got your degree. You’ve done the hard work. Now you deserve a career that is both challenging and rewarding. It is time to begin your future.
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
TEMCO is located at Bell Bay, 50km north of Launceston and 4km from George Town, on the beautiful Tamar River in Tasmania. Tasmania offers a unique lifestyle choice with short commute times, easy access to a wide range of leisure activities, affordable housing, well-regarded schools, a vibrant cultural and sporting scene and welcoming communities.
To work with the maintenance improvement team to deliver the following:
Monitor, analyse and continually improve the maintenance work design and equipment reliability performance within the Operation. Core accountabilities include:
- Evaluate maintenance business performance metrics and develop improvement plans and activities to close identified performance gaps
- Investigate equipment failures and identifies and initiates required changes to work practices, maintenance strategies and master data
- Prepare the maintenance budget based on maintenance strategies and plans
- Initiate engineering notifications to modify plant and equipment when existing maintenance strategies do not support required plant and equipment availability and monitors the change through to completion
- Provide input to continually improve the long-term maintenance plans of the Operation
- Own all maintenance master data including corrective task lists and work instructions
- Review master data compliance reports and execute plans and activities to close identified non-compliant master data deviations from the standards
We are looking to hear from Mechanical Engineering graduates who meet the following criteria;
- BEng or MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- You will have completed your degree in 2017 or are due to complete your degree in 2018
- Hold AUS citizenship or PR at the time of applying
- Reside in TAS or willing to relocate to the region
About the Graduate Program
We value difference, and openly listen to each other and those outside our company, knowing that together we are better. That’s why, if you dare to be different, to care openly and trust courageously we want you to join us as a Graduate in 2019.
During your graduate experience, you will be challenged and offered unique opportunities to:
- Learn and excel in your day to day work, supported by comprehensive frameworks
- Gain exposure to world-class operations, based on your unique career pathway & development plans
- Lead an improvement initiative with genuine business impacts
- Develop technically in a 2-3-year tailored program (dependant on discipline)
- Grow personally and professionally in a dynamic, inclusive and supportive culture
- Receive multiple layers of dedicated support, from graduate buddies to senior leaders
- Extend your network with global colleagues
- As part of the Graduate Program you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity, innovation and collaboration
What does South32 offer?
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Competitive Salaries
Why chose us?
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.