Job no: 779931
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Queensland
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Cannington is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine, processing facility, and rail loadout facility situated approximately 800 kilometres west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
Capabilities and Responsibilities
South32 Cannington are seeking a Surveyor to provide survey data and field services as requested for the Cannington Underground and Surface Operation.
Key Role Accountabilities will include;
- Mark up for underground development, stopes, vertical holes, stripping, DDH holes and other miscellaneous work as required
- Conduct void scanning using a C-ALs and CMS
- Install and monitor geotechnical ground movement system (survey prisms)
- Produce development work instructions (survey memos)
- Reconciliation of weekly and monthly development
- Maintain the underground control network including the survey baseline. Check surveys on every underground breakthrough
- Produce mine maps
- Maintain underground electronic survey database
- Reconciliation of stock piles for EOM, tailings dam surveys and concentrate shed surveys.
- the data capture of all void space including development drives, stopes and ore passes.
- Conduct 3d data capture with the use of UAV (drone) equipment.
- Regular maintenance of all survey equipment
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Tertiary Qualification in Surveying.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an Underground Metalliferous Mine Surveyor.
- Can demonstrate sound technical knowledge and understanding of mining and mine surveying
- Experience using Surpac, Maptek Isite ,Pix4d mapper and Leica Instrumentation.
- Work well in a small team and in a solo capacity
- Strong discipline in the field of technical information management (drawings, standards, documents) accuracy and control
- Advanced MS suite and Scheduling tools
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What does South32 offer?
- Cannington based role, on a 8/6 roster, FIFO from either Townsville or Brisbane
- 26 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results