Mine Scheduling Engineer
Job no: 779921
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
South32 is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly-changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up. We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets. The roots of South32 are in the Southern Hemisphere, with a head office in Perth, regional hubs in Perth and Johannesburg, and marketing office in Singapore.
Cerro Matoso S.A. (CMSA) is one of the world's largest ferronickel mining operations, accounting for nearly 10% of the worlds' ferronickel production. CMSA controls and operates all aspects of mining and processing in Montelíbano, Colombia.
Reporting to the Scheduling Lead, the Mine Scheduling Engineer develop robust optimised mine plans and long to short schedules that allows precision execution and long-term value aligned with one plan philosophy, is able to assess opportunities and also provide expert advice to the operations.
Be part of South32
We value difference, and openly listen to each other and those outside our company, knowing that together we are better. That's why; if you dare to be different, to care openly and trust courageously we want you to be one of the Geology Professionals at Cerro Matoso S.A (CMSA).
What the Role Entails
- Supports the creation of a single live integrated plan for the Operation consistent with the Corporate Strategy
- Develops optimised mine plans and production schedules for the mine operation
- Provides specialist advice and executes operation-specific tasks related to the development and delivery of mine plans
- Provides mine planning support (where required) to support Project Studies
- Develops and follows planning standards and processes
- Supports the compilation of the Regional Business Plan and Business Summary Models
- Measurement, analysis and communication of compliance to plan and reconciliations
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Qualification in Engineering (civil/mining) with a minimum 5 years or relevant industry experience
- High level of computer skills in all applied mine design and scheduling packages
- Have technical and operational experience in varied mining operations and/or extraction methodologies
- Strong technical experience in both open pit and underground mining.
- Bilingual English - Spanish.
- Be prepared to relocate in Montelíbano, Cordoba Colombia, including to regional and/or remote areas;
- Be eligible to work in Colombia.
- Be able to commence work in March 2018.
What we offer you
We offer an attractive salary package and participation in the Employee benefits plan. This is permanent full time role on administrative roster that requires working some weekends.
How to apply
If you are driven to excel, love to challenge yourself to create better ways of doing the things that matter most and want to be part of a new breed of Global Resources Company, submit your application by 19th Febrary 2018.
Because we care about our people, our robust selection process will focus not only on getting to know who you are, but letting you get to know us.
As part of the selection process, you may be required to participate in:
- online ability testing;
- telephone / video interview;
- a site visit;
- reference checks; and
- medical assessments.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: SA Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: SA Pacific Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results