Geotechnical Engineer - Cerro Matoso S.A.
Job no: 779920
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
South32 is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly-changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up. We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets. The roots of South32 are in the Southern Hemisphere, with a head office in Perth, regional hubs in Perth and Johannesburg, and marketing office in Singapore.
Cerro Matoso S.A. (CMSA) is one of the world's largest ferronickel mining operations, accounting for nearly 10% of the worlds' ferronickel production. CMSA controls and operates all aspects of mining and processing in Montelíbano, Colombia.
Reporting to the Technical Services Leader, the Geotechnical Engineer develop and deliver Geotechnical Model to Design Engineer in order to contribute to establish a Well Designed workplace for the mine operation. Provide guidance and expertise to the execution team, to make sure Geotechnical risks are understood, monitored and well controlled.
Be part of South32
We value difference, and openly listen to each other and those outside our company, knowing that together we are better. That's why; if you dare to be different, to care openly and trust courageously we want you to be one of the Geotechnical Engineer at Cerro Matoso S.A (CMSA).
What the Role Entails
- Preparation of the Geotechnical Model.
- Responsible for “collapse in multiple benches” material risk, including field control activities
- Elaborate the Mine traffic plan, including technical inspections of roads.
- Provide geotechnical recommendations into the mine design, drill and blast, ground support.
- Reconcile geotechnical design against execution performance.
- Collaborate with the Hydrogeologist in the preparation of the hydrogeological model.
- Design geotechnical sampling campaigns according to the requirements of the One Plan Schedule.
- Identify and monitor critical controls related to the Geotechnical risk.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Geology, Mining Engineering or related areas.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in geotechnical engineering in the mining industry.
- Post Graduate Geotechnical / Rock Mechanics.
- Strong computer skills, specialising in the use of Autocad, Rocscience, RST,
- Bilingual English - Spanish.
- Be prepared to relocate in Montelíbano, Cordoba Colombia, including to regional and/or remote areas;
- Be eligible to work in Colombia.
- Be able to commence work in March 2018.
What we offer you
We offer an attractive salary package and participation in the Employee benefits plan. This is permanent full time role on administrative roster that requires working some weekends.
How to apply
If you are driven to excel, love to challenge yourself to create better ways of doing the things that matter most and want to be part of a new breed of Global Resources Company, submit your application by 19th Febrary 2018.
Because we care about our people, our robust selection process will focus not only on getting to know who you are, but letting you get to know us.
As part of the selection process, you may be required to participate in:
- online ability testing;
- telephone / video interview;
- a site visit;
- reference checks; and
- medical assessments.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds
Advertised: SA Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: SA Pacific Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results