Rubber Tyred Vehicle (Mobile Equipment) Coordinator
Job no: 779918
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Illawarra Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
The Opportunity – Rubber Tyred Vehicle (Mobile Equipment) Coordinator
We are seeking a Rubber Tyred Vehicle (Mobile Equipment) Coordinator at Appin West reporting to Superintendent Development & RTV. The purpose of this role is to ensure the RTV fleet meets resource availability, reliability and performance requirements as well as compliance with the site Health and Safety Management System and relevant legislation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Actively contributes to forecasting and scheduling of maintenance activities and projects.
- Analyse RTV equipment performance with a view to predicting and preventing unscheduled downtime.
- Ensures execution activities are conducted safely and cost effectively by competent personnel in accordance with the relevant standards and operating procedures.
- Lead, coach and mentor employees to deliver performance.
- Ensure compliance and lead improvement of operating and engineering standards.
- Provide technical/mechanical support for development operations and associated activities.
- Overseeing development mechanical equipment and personnel performance to ensure productivity requirements are met.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Mechanical Trade qualification and/or Degree, Associate Diploma, Certificate in a relevant Mechanical maintenance engineering field
- Be self-motivated, have good attention to detail and be proactive in your approach while also being focused on continuous improvement
- Experience working in an underground coal mine
What We Offer You
You will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
Closing date: Sunday, 18th February 2018 @ 5.00pm
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results