Superintendent Project & Development
Job no: 779899
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Illawarra Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
The Opportunity – Superintendent A3BN Project & Development
We are seeking a Superintendent A3BN Project & Development at Dendrobium Mine reporting to the Operations Manager.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and direction for the execution of day to day development operations in order to achieve established KPI targets for Safety/Care, Cost and Volume and to ensure statutory compliance of the operation.
Some accountabilities will include:
- Oversees the development of production plan, forecast and schedule.
- Ensures production execution activities are conducted safely and cost effectively by competent production personnel in accordance with the relevant standards and operating procedures.
- Coordinates production execution activities with other functions, Maintenance, Longwall and Services Sub-functions in order to effectively manage these activities.
- Takes full supervisory responsibility for development execution team. Leads, coaches and mentors employees to deliver performance.
- Ensures compliance and lead improvement of operating and engineering standards.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions.
In addition, you will have:
- Diploma of Underground Mining Management
- Second Class Certificate of Competence
- Substantial experience in Development Execution of an underground coal mine
- Substantial supervisory experience managing teams
- Experience in contractor management
- Budget responsibility at a work team level
- Ability to negotiate with multiple or large groups of internal and external stakeholders
What We Offer You
You will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
Closing date: 5.00pm on 5 February 2018.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results