Manager Planning/Technical Services
Job no: 779869
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Illawarra Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
The Opportunity – Manager Planning/Technical Services
We are seeking a Manager Planning/Technical Services at Appin reporting to the General Manager.
The purpose of this role is to manage the asset mine design and plan to meet statutory obligations and optimise mine configuration and production schedule. Ensures integration of planning across production departments, and forecasting of production volumes, shutdowns and logistic issues that impact production. Some responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate compliance to the Mine Operating System (MOS) by role modelling and setting clear expectations for disciplined planning, delivery, accountability and urgency. Coach and measure functional, sub-functional and individual role accountabilities and performance against the MOS holding individuals and teams accountable.
- Responsible for operational accountability for delivering a feasible production forecast, underpinned by quality production plans and schedules, that maintain strict statutory compliance and account for HSEC, volume and cost requirements of the operation.
- Provide input into long-term planning (Life of Asset, 5-year plan, 2-year budget and short range forecast) and establish goals and targets in line with the plans and budgets.
- Ensure integration of planning across the production departments in terms of production volumes, shutdowns and logistics issues that impact production.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Degree in Mining Engineering
- 2nd Class Certificate of Competency
- Ability to negotiate with multiple or large groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Substantial experience in mine operations, production planning and economic evaluation
- Substantial management experience and strategic contribution using functional staff advice so practices and systems used for delivery are within budget and appropriate for local conditions
What We Offer You
You will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
Closing date: Sunday, 28th January @ 5.00pm.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results