Principal Electrical Engineer
Job no: 779867
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Tasmania
South32 is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly-changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up. We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role will be responsible for leading the Engineering Electrical team at TEMCO site in Tasmania, to deliver outstanding Engineering outcomes, including asset management processes for plant and equipment, delivery of capital projects portfolio and providing electrical engineering technical support to Operations in accordance with relevant processes, standards and performance targets for HSEC and costs.
What the Role Entails
- Provide electrical engineering technical leadership to site;
- Deliver the Care Strategy by creating a culture of care and accountability as an enabler to continuously learn and improve.
- Define and maintain the basis of design for plant and equipment. Develop and maintain the plant and equipment life plans, maintenance systems and strategies;
- Define, document and maintain the engineering design blueprint for plant and equipment including the approval and governance of the associated change process;
- Own and implement the plant and equipment integrity process and provide renewal, refurbishment and upgrade requirements to the capital projects process.
- Lead the planning, execution and improving capital works for electrical projects;
- Lead team to develop and deliver capital projects to agreed scope, budget, schedule, quality and in accordance with relevant standards and specifications;
- Manage the development and reporting of the project portfolio, budgets, plans and schedules.
Engineering Technical Support
- Provide electrical engineering technical support to Operations to improve reliability of plant and equipment, maintain asset integrity and resolve operational issues / problems.
We are looking for a passionate and inspiring leader who has prior experience of leading a small team and the ability to prioritise and deliver on multiple work fronts. Your background should include;
- Electrical Engineering Degree;
- Extensive experience in heavy industry, smelting or refinery environment;
- Demonstrated leadership capability and supervisory experience
- High voltage generation and distribution systems;
- Low voltage distribution and control systems, PLC and SCADA programming;
- Understanding of arc flash risk and safe operation and testing of electrical plant and equipment;
- Competent in all aspects of protection engineering and network protection systems;
- Well-practiced understanding of the key elements of project management;
- Proven project management experience in the delivery of small to medium projects;
- Demonstrated ability to work within a flexible team environment;
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills; and
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate and interact with a wide variety of people and build credibility.
What We Offer You
Offered as a full time opportunity you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive salary package including a performance-based bonus, participation in the Employee Share Plan and access to additional employer-paid superannuation contributions.
TEMCO is located at Bell Bay, 50km north of Launceston and 4km from George Town, on the beautiful Tamar River in Tasmania. Tasmania offers a unique lifestyle choice with short commute times, easy access to a wide range of leisure activities, affordable housing, well-regarded schools, a vibrant cultural and sporting scene and welcoming communities.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results