HR Business Partner - GEMCO
Job no: 779856
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Northern Territory
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Capabilities and Responsibilities
The purpose of this role is to provide specialist HR advice to both employees and line managers on the effective execution of people processes. These include; workforce planning, talent & reward by partnering with the business to develop their workforce and influence the culture and performance of the organisation.
This is a 12-month Fixed Term staff contract. The preferred candidate will need to reside in Darwin or Cairns. Relocation will be considered.
The role will include the following accountabilities:
- Provide guidance on the data, policies and frameworks available to support people-related critical decisions
- Working with line to resolve HR people-related queries.
- Facilitating the implementation of the Code of Business Conduct Training, employee value proposition related initiatives and local employment standards.
- Assisting line management in the understanding of IR/ER principles, legislation and industrial instruments (e.g. enterprise agreements, contract letter of employment) where relevant
- Guiding line management on diagnostics to identify learning opportunities, high potential employees and candidates for organisation and leadership development
- Assisting line in proactive workforce planning and organisation design to drive productivity improvements.
- Facilitating the annual reward cycle and provides advice on remuneration reviews, pension and benefits, equity plans and mobility services.
- Degree qualification in HR (preferred)
- Proven experience in providing (site based) HR business partnering
- Experience and knowledge of HR SAP would be beneficial
- A strong team player with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business, with the ability to engage and influence key stakeholders
What does South32 offer?
- Based on Groote Eylandt, on a 4 day on 3 days off FIFO roster out of Cairns or Darwin.
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Competitive Salaries
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results