We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Illawarra Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
The Opportunity – Manager Maintenance
We are seeking a Manager Maintenance at Appin reporting to the General Manager.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and direction to ensure all maintenance activities involving physical assets within a defined area of operations, are executed safely by competent maintenance personnel in accordance with work schedules, relevant standards and work instructions.
You will lead the maintenance execution teams and promote operating discipline related to the work management processes ensuring teams understand the value of work management processes and related metrics. You will also ensure maintenance personnel are fully competent to work effectively and safely and facilitate performance reviews. Some responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate compliance to the Mine Operating System (MOS) by role modelling and setting clear expectations for disciplined planning, delivery, accountability and urgency. Coach and measure functional, sub-functional and individual role accountabilities and performance against the MOS holding individuals and teams accountable.
- Provide input to all planning cycles and ensure Management Plan is able to be executed.
- Determine the actions required within the process to achieve end of period position/schedule.
- Review operational performance and approve actions required to achieve EOY targets.
- Prepare Shift Plans for Production and Mine Services shifts.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Tertiary / trade qualification in relevant field
- Substantial experience in Maintenance of an underground coal mine
- Substantial supervisory experience managing teams
- Experience in contractor management
- Budget responsibility at a work team level
- Ability to influenced and obtain agreed solutions with internal and/or external stakeholders
What We Offer You
You will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
Closing date: Sunday, 28th January @ 5.00pm.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.