We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Cannington is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometres west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
Reporting to the Superintendent Shutdown and Capital Works, the purpose of these 2 roles is to manage the safe efficient execution of the complete Development cycle. Plan, develop, execute and implement a selection of studies within the capital project portfolio for the asset. Deliver cost effective solutions to meet business needs in a timely fashion through strong collaboration with stakeholders, suppliers, specialists and project teams to handover projects in a well-planned and executed state ready for operations/business. Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure all projects are developed and delivered within well designed work
- Lead and manage capital expenditure projects through project life cycle, from concept to handover and close-out
- Preparation and submission of all required milestones and deliverables for project tollgate approvals
- Establish, communicate and deliver projects to approved timeframes and approved budgets
- Project reporting in accordance with the South32 project management framework requirements
- Ensure projects are delivered fit for purpose with alignment with business and operational requirements to defined quality level
- Proactive engagement and management of key stakeholders and internal customers
- Operational discipline and high performance in work execution and adhering to work standards and critical controls relevant to their work
- Planning and management of change of all allocated projects (variations in time, cost, scope, etc.)
- Monthly reporting - accurate cashflow, cost, schedule and risk status
- Mentoring of project team members and fostering a high performing team environment
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Engineering Degree / Equivalent tertiary qualification with previous experience in a project management role delivering projects within a brownfield environment in the range of $150k to $1M within the resources industry
- Project management qualifications desirable
- Sound understanding of financial evaluation techniques (NPV, Payback, ROI, etc.)
- Sound technical knowledge and understanding of mining and resources projects (including remote locations)
- Sound understanding and proven experience in developing and managing schedules and budgets
- Demonstrated behaviour of successfully operating within a team environment
- Experience with MS suite and MS Project
What does South32 offer?
South32 offers an attractive salary package including a performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan. Cannington mine provides resort style onsite accommodation with laundry and meal services, as well as sporting and gym facilities. This is a FIFO Full Time role from Townsville or Cairns on a 4 days on, 3 days off roster (roster could also be 7 days on, 7 days off, depending on work requirements).
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.