Job no: 779794
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s South West.
We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer to plan, develop, execute and implement a selection of projects within the capital works portfolio for the asset. This role will deliver cost effective solutions to meet business needs by using their strong collaboration skills with stakeholders, suppliers, specialists and project teams to ensure that projects are handed over in a well-planned and executed state ready for operations.
- Demonstrate a safe culture, safe behaviours and allignement with our company values;
- Ensure that all projects are developed and delivered within ‘well-designed work’;
- Be the single point of contact and accountability for allocated projects;
- Lead and manage capital projects through the entire project life cycle, from concept to handover and close-out;
- Prepare and submit all required milestones and deliverables for project tollgate approvals;
- Establish, communicate and deliver projects to approved timeframes and approved budgets;
- Conduct project reporting in accordance with the South32 project management framework;
- Ensure projects are delivered fit for purpose with allignement to business and operational requirements and defined quality level;
- Pro-actively engage and manage key stakeholders and internal customers;
- Adhere to work standards and critical controls;
- Conduct management of change of all allocated projects (variations in time, cost, scope, etc);
- Prepare monthly reporting – including accurate cashflow, cost, schedule and risk status;
- Mentor project team members and foster a high performing team environment
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Strong post-graduate experience with several years served in a project manager role;
- Practical experience delivering complete life cycle projects within a brownfield environment within the range of $500k to $5M within the resources industry;
- Experience of both managing and delivering projects simultaneously;
- A sound technical knowledge and understanding of mining and resources projects;
- A solid understanding and proven experience in developing and managing schedules and budgets;
- Demonstrated behaviour of successfully operating within a team environment;
- Experienced with MS Suite and MS Project;
- A sound understanding of financial evaluation techniques (NPV, Payback, ROI, etc).
This role will be based at our Boddington Bauxite Mine where our employees choose to live in Boddington, Mandurah or other nearby communities which all offer an enviable lifestyle. The Boddington Township offers its residents the dual advantage of a rural setting while only 90 minutes' drive from Perth City.
What We Offer You
- Offered as a full-time opportunity working a 9-day fortnight
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- HBF Health Cover
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results