Job no: 779681
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s South West.
We are seeking an experienced Reliability Engineer to develop, deploy, and continuously improve maintenance work management strategies for the South32 Worsley Refinery Operation. The successful candidate will ensure the effectiveness of work strategies and work plans, and statutory and legislative requirements, and will provide organisational governance in the application of SAP processes and promote understanding and compliance to SAP principles.
- Provide technical expertise and engineering governance to maintenance teams
- Drive defect elimination through problem solving and root cause failure analysis
- Optimise fixed plant equipment maintenance strategies
- Lead cost reduction and reliability improvement projects
- Ensure inspection and maintenance of safety critical equipment is compliant with legislative and statutory requirements
- Encourage, mentor and coach peers and colleagues
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering or an appropriate discipline;
- A wealth of working experience in maintenance activities;
- The ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to deliver great outcomes;
- Experience in root cause analysis and continuous improvement techniques;
- Ability to provide diversity of thought within the existing team;
- Familiarity with relevant Australian pressure vessel and tank codes;
- Proficiency in software such as SAP, Microsoft Office, and specifically in Excel advance level will be highly regarded
- Qualifications and experience Pressure Equipment and Tank repair and maintenance will be highly regarded
This role will be based at our Worsley Refinery, where our employees choose to live in the Bunbury, Collie or other nearby communities which all offer an enviable country lifestyle. Surrounded by magnificent jarrah forests, pristine beaches and world famous wineries, this is an opportunity too good to miss. There is no on-site accommodation so all employees live locally to the Refinery.
What We Offer You
- Offered as a full-time opportunity working a 9-day fortnight with the 1st Friday off
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- HBF Health Cover
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results