Boilermaker (Fix Term Contract) - Domestic mine (CSA)
Job no: 779569
Work type: Part Time - Fixed Term
Location: South Africa - (Witbank) Emalahleni
The purpose of this role is to safely develop, cut, fabricate/assemble, weld and maintain metal components and structures at the Cable Belt.
- Serious contenders will have a Grade 12 with Mathematics and Psychical Science/ N3 Technical Certificate together with a Welder / Plater Trade Test with 3 years’ experience in maintenance;
- Valid Code 08/EB driver’s license is essential;
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite and SAP is an added advantage.
- Develop and fabricate from complex drawings;
- Mark off basic regular engineering shapes;
- Cut drill and punch, assemble and mechanically join structural steel work;
- Cut materials using the oxy-fuel gas cutting process (manual cutting);
- Cut materials using hand tools (cold chisel and tin snips);
- Grind steel by means of pedestal / bench grinding machines and perform general grinding operations;
- Assemble and mechanically join sheet, plate, tube, pipe and steel sections;
- Form and shape sheet metal using hand or power operated machines;
- Perform heat treatment processes on engineering metals;
- Prepare and secure work pieces for welding;
- Weld mild steel by means of Oxy-acetylene equipment;
- Weld work pieces in the stainless steel material group, using the gas metal arc welding process in all positions;
- Remove material with the shields metal arc gouging process.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results