Principal Ops & Value Chain Analysis
Job no: 779566
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Capabilities and Responsibilities:
Owns the process for operational analysis of business improvement opportunities to ensure that the improvements opportunities are consistent with the end-to-end performance and full potential understanding of the value chains in the Region.
Challenges and stretches the assumptions informing the analysis and identification of opportunities based on benchmarking as well as the full potential of the assets and value chains. Manages the review of business improvement outcomes to track the impact and sustainability of all business improvement related changes.
Articulating Full Potential
- Builds relationships with Improvement teams at Operations and across Functions
- Builds relationship with all stakeholders in the regional planning process
- Maintains an understanding of the full potential of all operations across the Region
- Develops and maintains scenario analysis tools
- Ensures that benchmarking and the full potential understanding informs the generation of future improvement opportunities
- Owns common approach for operational analysis of improvement opportunities
- Ensures the common approach is understood and adopted at sites/functions
- Ensures that the operational basis for regional business improvement opportunities are rigorous
- Performs operational analysis of regional opportunities and supports financial analysis for Operations and Functions
- Provide support in the practical application of operational analysis skills as well as knowledge of the philosophy of process improvement
- Reviews the operational impact of Business Improvement work and aligns to the business planning results
- Ensures that regional business improvement opportunities are analysed for operational risk
- Ensures the operational assumptions associated with the Improvement & Innovation Roadmaps are current
- Assists in ensuring that all bottleneck, life of asset and material risk registers are current
- Looks for opportunities to scale and replicate opportunities across the region
- Works with Operations and across Functions to identify local training and coaching needs specific to operation analysis of business improvement opportunities
- Manages a routine review of the operational risks, benchmarks and full potential description
- Ensures that the critical few remain clear opportunities remain in focus and undiluted my too many opportunities at a Regional level as well at Operations and Functions
- Supports a community for operational analysis of business opportunities
- Tertiary qualification (engineering or business) inclusive of operational analysis and mine planning.
- Significant experience in operational analysis of relevant mining value chains. This includes LOOP planning, mineral processing facility analysis, related infrastructure (e.g. power systems) and supply chains (e.g. fuel supply). Able to apply the experience across multiple commodities to challenge and influence expertise at Operations and within Functions.
- Strong computer skills, specialising in the use of South32 operational and LOOP planning systems, operational analysis tools, Microsoft Office suite, SAP and the practical application of data analysis techniques
- Very strong collaborative skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a virtual working environment
What does South32 offer?
- 14 Weeks paid parental leave and a return to work lump payment
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results