Principal Regional Portfolio Analysis
Job no: 779565
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Capabilities and Responsibilities:
Support the governance of the Business Improvement Framework across the region. Owns and constantly improves the evaluation and prioritisation process for improvement opportunities across the spectrum of South32’s assets.
Responsible for identifying and communicating a continuous portfolio of projects which informs the business on what projects it should be implementing to deliver sustainable and material improvement in operations. Ensures that financial analysis within business cases are robust, that the business improvement portfolio is integrated into the regional planning process and reviews the ongoing impact from business improvement activities.
Portfolio Management & Planning Integration
Financial and Risk Analysis
- Provide support in the practical application of improvement skills as well as knowledge of the philosophy of process improvement
- Ensures that the critical few opportunities remain clear opportunities remain in focus and undiluted by too many opportunities at a Regional level as well at Operations and Functions
- Works with Operations and across Functions to identify local training and coaching needs specific to financial and risk analysis of business improvement opportunities
- Is responsible for coaching the team on how to clearly articulate project value and how it aligns to the business needs
- Supports a community for financial and risk analysis of business opportunities
- Manages a routine review of the BI framework on behalf of the Regional Business Improvement Manager
- Tertiary qualification (engineering or business) inclusive of financial and risk analysis competencies.
- Significant experience in financial and risk analysis of business opportunities in a mineral process setting, preferably with experience in analysing a full range of improvement opportunities including multi-operational analysis
- Strong computer skills, specialising in the use of South32 Financial and Planning systems, KaiNexus, Microsoft Office suite and SAP
- Very strong collaborative skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a virtual working environment
What does South32 offer?
- 14 Weeks paid parental leave and a return to work lump payment
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results