Principal Capability & Governance
Job no: 779564
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Capabilities and Responsibilities:
Ensures that the business improvement capabilities are sustained and improved where necessary at a Regional, Operational and Functional level. Is responsible for the transparent tracking of the current capability through a BI competency matrix.
The role is also responsible for delivering business improvement training, coaching and continuously mentoring people across Operations and Functions. Has accountability for the business improvement systems and is responsible for ensuring that they are maintained and continuously improved. Manages the sharing and replication of business improvement outcomes throughout the business.
- Builds relationships with Improvement teams at Operations and across Functions
- Maintains the Skills Maturity Matrix for Business Improvement
- Reviews the quality of improvement delivery to identify opportunities for improvement
- Maintains a network of business improvement capability external to South32 to ensure a flexible resource base is maintained
Coaching and Mentoring
- Develops, maintains and makes available business improvement training materials
- Ensures that future business leaders are trained to the required level in business improvement
- Delivers business improvement training to personnel across the Central, Operations and Functional Teams.
- Actively coaches and mentors personnel across the Central, Operations and Functional Teams.
- Works with Operations and across Functions to identify local training and coaching needs outside of internal capability
- Ensures that business improvement knowledge is balanced between senior leadership, front line leaders and business improvement teams.
- Provide support in the practical application of operational analysis skills as well as knowledge of the philosophy of process improvement
- Responsible for ensuring that business improvement systems are maintained and continuously improved
- Works with Business Improvement and external suppliers across the region to improve the Business Improvement systems and reporting
- Ensures the consistent use of Business Improvement systems across the region
- Is the nominated contract manager for KaiNexus and other related systems
- Drives the sharing and replication of business improvement outcomes throughout the business
- Drives opportunities to scale and replicate opportunities across the region
- Supports a community for operational analysis of business opportunities
- Qualifications in Business Improvement methodologies
- Significant experience in the application of Business Improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, TOC and Agile.
- Significant experience in training, coaching and mentoring business improvement teams.
- Experience with business improvement techniques and Agile processes and able to develop skills in these areas to mastery level.
- Able to apply the experience across multiple commodities to challenge and influence expertise at Operations and within Functions.
- Strong knowledge of Business Improvement systems (Kainexus) and Microsoft Office suite
- Very strong collaborative skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a virtual working environment
What does South32 offer?
- 14 Weeks paid parental leave and a return to work lump payment
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results