Job no: 779525
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
About the Team
You will be joining the Digital Delivery Centre (DDC), a newly formed team focusing on improved collaboration and rapid delivery of business value. The team continues to embed new ways of working to include human centred design approach and Agile delivery in the areas of analytics and visualisation, cognitive technology and automation, digital applications and emerging technologies.
We are on the lookout for a certified Scrum Master with experience in applying Scrum principles and practices in the successful delivery of products. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who can incorporate the Design Thinking mindset in everyday activities and understands other Agile frameworks and expands into these as required. We are after someone who is passionate about Agile and understands why we do Scrum and not just be an expert in it.
What you will be responsible for
- Successful delivery of products using the Scrum framework and ensuring the Definition of Done is being followed.
- Collaborating with the Product Owner and supporting the Scrum team including removing impediments.
- Guiding the team to be self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assess the maturity capability of the team in Scrum to guide and coach them team in their maturity journey.
- Be an advocate of the Agile framework and lead the team and the wider business to work the Agile way.
What you need to have
- Certified in Scrum (CSM, PSM)
- Experience as a Scrum Master utilising the Scrum principles, practices and theory in the delivery of the product
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (e.g. Burndown technologies, Retrospective formats, handling bugs)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
What South32 offers
- 14 Weeks paid parental leave and a return to work lump payment
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results