Job no: 779364
Work type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Capabilities and Responsibilities:
In this 12 month fixed term role, you will be responsible for providing support to the Legal Australia team and Senior Lawyers. This will include:
- Establish and maintain relationships with the Client Group in providing advice on areas within the accountability of the Legal Australia team
- Ensure effective engagement with other South32 Legal sub-teams in accordance with the South32 Legal Mandate
- Support delivery of South32 Legal projects as required
- Support Head of Legal Australia in execution of accountability for South32 Material Legal Risks
- Support identification of legal risks affecting the Client Group and advise on the management and review of these risks
- Provide independent legal advice to the Client Group on strategic and complex commercial or energy & resources dispute resolution
- 5 years+ PQE and admitted to legal practice in relevant Australian jurisdiction
- Complex major commercial transactions (including M&A /procurement) in the Australian resource and energy sector
- Resource and energy section capital project management
- Commercial / resource and energy dispute resolution (including litigation)
- Managing Corporate / HSEC issues including regulatory investigations
- Mining tenure, port/ rail infrastructure access, native title
Ideally, although not essential, you will also have:
- Technology related enterprise/cloud projects and related IP issues
- ASX, LSE and JSE Listing rules and regulations experience
- Australia, U.K. and U.S. Anti-Corruption / Competition / Trade Sanctions legislative regime experience - including managing internal compliance programs
- Exploration joint venture and associated activity experience
What does South32 offer?
- Based in the Perth CBD on a 12 month fixed term contract (fixed term role which may be extended)
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Competitive Salaries
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results